7 Habits of Highly Effective Parents
The following tips are a daily reference to help you make the Child Development Center the most positive experience possible for you and your children.
- Drop-off children by 9:00 a.m. each morning… Remember:
- The center is an educational resource with a set schedule and curriculum.
- The bulk of the daily curriculum happens in the morning
- Children dropped off on-time nap better, join in playgroups easily, and don’t miss computer or playground time
- Greet and communicate with teachers when dropping off and picking up children
- Take an extra moment to:
- Read bulletin boards and notes from teachers
- Check art folders and/or cubbies
- Make sure children’s cubbies are stocked with weather appropriate clothing
- Follow the Guidelines for Illness at School
- Volunteer to read or share your skill area/expertise with the class
- Show appreciation and say “thank you” to teachers and staff