Enroll Your Child Today!
Space is limited in our program, so there is often a waiting list. Wait times will vary between age groups. Older ages often have no waiting list while infant and toddler could take between 1-2 years.. Younger ages have longer waiting lists.
Note: Please be sure to review our Waitlist Frequently Asked Questions page
- Comal and San Jacinto - Faculty, staff, students and affiliated campus programs are eligible to use the program.
- Capitol Complex - State of Texas employees including UT faculty and staff, are eligible to use the program.
Tiered Waiting List
We have a two tiered waiting list. Once we have exhausted the Tier One waiting list for a particular age group we will offer openings to the families on the Tier Two list.
- Tier One- UT faculty, UT staff and State of Texas employees who are appointed to a position for 30 hours or more with benefits, and students who are attending full time. For graduate students full time is 6 credit hours per semester and for undergraduate students it is 12 credit hours per semester.
- Tier Two- UT faculty, UT staff and State of Texas employees who are appointed to a position less than 30 hours with benefits, and students who are attending school part time. For graduate students part time is less than 6 credit hours per semester and for undergraduate students it is less than 12 credit hours per semester. In addition, affiliated campus programs are also eligible. To check if your program is eligible, please contact the program director.
To be eligible to enroll, your children must be 6 weeks to 5 years of age. However, we welcome you to apply for the waiting list as soon as you become pregnant, or you begin the adoption process.
How to Apply
Want to "Hook 'em" young? Follow the instruction below to get on the list. There is a $30 waiting list fee.
- Check that you are eligible for our services
- If you do not have a UT EID, you must first create a UT EID to apply.
- You can apply online or download and complete the application form (PDF).
- Paper applications along with your $30 application fee should be mailed to or dropped off at one of the locations below:
2205 Comal Street
Austin, Texas 78722
2216 Leona Street
Austin, Texas 78722
1601 N. Congress Ave
Austin, Tx 78701
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write to: Director, Civil Right Division, MC W-206, Texas Health and Human Services Commission, P.O. Box 149030, Austin, TX 78714-9030 or USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD).