Observers & Volunteers
The UT Child Development Center accepts UT Student observers and volunteers who need to observe or volunteer as part of a UT course requirement under the following conditions.
- The course instructor must complete and submit the request for students to observe or volunteer and have the request approved by the director.
- The UT student must submit a background check form and Sex Offender Registry Form two weeks prior to being placed in a classroom. The background check must be clear prior to being placed in a classroom. If the observer or volunteer has lived outside of Texas during the past five years, a FBI fingerprint background check is also required.
- The number of observers and volunteers is limited to one per classroom therefore observation
- and volunteer hours must be scheduled in advance with the front desk at the approved location. (471-7040 San Jacinto, 475-9500 Comal)
- Observers and volunteers must show their valid, state-issued, photo ID when they arrive at the center.
The UT Child Development Center provides an environment for research under the following conditions:
- The research has had IRB approval.
- The application to conduct research has been approved by the director.
- The research is not disruptive to the program operation.
- The research does not pull children out of their regular classroom or away from their regular classroom teachers unless the child's parent is present.
- The parents have signed the consent form for their child to participate.
- All of the researchers who will be present at the center must have a background check form completed and notarized affidavit three working days prior to conducting the research at the center. The background check must be clear prior to being placed with children.
- If the research needed is not possible under the above conditions please contact the director to discuss the possibilities.