Observers & Volunteers
The UT Child Development Center accepts UT Student observers and volunteers who need to observe or volunteer as part of a UT course requirement under the following conditions.
- The course instructor must complete and submit the request for students to observe or volunteer and have the request approved by the director.
- The UT student must submit a background check form and Sex Offender Registry Form two weeks prior to being placed in a classroom. The background check must be clear prior to being placed in a classroom. If the observer or volunteer has lived outside of Texas during the past five years, a FBI fingerprint background check is also required.
- The number of observers and volunteers is limited to one per classroom therefore observation and volunteer hours must be scheduled in advance with the front desk at the approved location. (471-7040 San Jacinto, 475-9500 Comal)
- Observers and volunteers must show their valid, state-issued, photo ID when they arrive at the center.
The UT Child Development Center provides an environment for research under the following conditions:
- The research has had IRB approval.
- The application to conduct research has been approved by the director.
- The research is not disruptive to the program operation.
- The research does not pull children out of their regular classroom or away from their regular classroom teachers unless the child's parent is present.
- The parents have signed the consent form for their child to participate.
- All of the researchers who will be present at the center must have a background check form completed and notarized affidavit three working days prior to conducting the research at the center and the background check is clear prior to being placedwith children.
If the research needed is not possible under the above conditions please contact the director to discuss the possibilities.